I bet you have heard the news that facebook will end on march 15 as it is spreading like wildfire on the internet especially on facebook. Is this news true...?? rather than answering that question directly , let me give you some stats about facebook....
- Facebook is officially worth $50 Billion.
- DST invested $50 million while Goldman Sachs invested $450 million. The remaining investment came from overseas shareholders participating in Goldman Sach’s Facebook investment vehicle.
- It has More than 500 million active users
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
- Entrepreneurs and developers from more than 190 countries build with Facebook Platform
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including over 80 of comScore's U.S. Top 100 websites and over half of comScore's Global Top 100 websites
Yes guys, its hoax....! Facebook will NOT end on march 15. So where did this news originate..? The news was published by Weekly World News. Its shown below.
As you can see, any man with little bit of common sense, will say its not true. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg never said things like "managing [Facebook] has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness."
But unfortunately its not stopping many many facebook users to spread this hoax. More than a million users have already fallen for this hoax..!
just visit this website 'Weekly World News' and you will see. The whole website is full of nonsense news and hoaxes such as, 'alien spacecrafts will attack earth in 2011','Megan Fox is a Man','Micheal Jackson faked his own death' etc. This proves how 'reliable' their news is.
So don't believe everything you read on the internet, and think twice before you pass a story on to your friends.